Every week, I am getting hundreds of questions about clothing, skincare, life & everything in between. Since I know that you aren’t the only one asking about these topics, I wanted to create a section that you all could ask questions and read what other people are asking. Who knows you might even be in the same boat!
To submit a question: leave it below in the comments, email me (Lauren@thedailylo.com) with #coffeechat in the subject, or send me a DM on instagram.
So grab your cup of coffee, sit back and come chat!!
1. What brand has the best black skinny high waisted jeans? I’m looking to spend under $100 but still want a good quality pair that isn’t going to fall apart or shrink.
This is my #1 most asked question! Why are affordable jeans so hard to find today? But through many trials and errors, These are my favorite pair. They are super stretchy and the black color does not fade… praise be! I also love these, these & these.
2. I am trying to focus on self care this year and one of my favorite things to do is lay by the pool and read. I just finished up my 5th book this summer and don’t know what to read next. What book recommendations do you have?
Oh girl, major kudos to you for putting yourself first! Pool days are one of my favorite ways to show self care and just relax. I just finished reading Big Little Lies, All We Ever Wanted, When Life Gives You Lululemon & I’m currently reading The Woman in the Window.
3. This is pretty random but on Ellen when she was interviewing the Pitch Perfect cast, they were talking about their serial killer traits. Which basically means what weird things do you do that others hate. What is your serial killer trait?
LOL!!! I love this question so much. I’ve been thinking about this for a while trying to pinpoint what exactly I could share. After much thought, I wear mismatched socks 95% of the time and don’t ever see an issue with it. The only time I wear matching socks is when im traveling and have to go through security.
4. I’m moving into my college dorm in two weeks and to be honest I’m really overwhelmed. What are the top five things you had to have in your dorm room freshman year?
Three years ago, I was in your exact shoes. I was so nervous and everyone was telling me different things I needed and it was so exhausting. My top five things you have to have are A long phone charger this will be a total game changer, phone card pocket that holds all of your cards, Planner I love this one because it helps you break down everything you have to do & keeps it organized, Heating pad this bad boy is amazing if your dorm room is freezing or if you start to get sick, This Pillow is great for just hanging out or if you do homework in your bed and want extra support. Hope this helps & best of luck during your first year at college!
5. What is your go to outfit?
6. My daughter is going through recruitment this fall and I’ve never been through it before. She loved your dress roundup for rush and I figured you would be the person to reach out about all things rush. Do you have any advice on how I can support her during this crazy week of emotions?
How exciting that your daughter is going through this process! Recruitment is definitely a roller coaster of emotions, so my best advice is to just let her talk it out with you. The hardest part about recruitment is that everyone has something positive and negative to say about every house… It’s crucial to remind her that this is HER home away from home. It doesn’t matter what her friends think it’s about where she feels most comfortable. A great question to ask her when she is struggling to pick between houses is – when all the makeup, decorations and dresses are put away, what house would you feel comfortable walking in with a messy bun and a big t-shirt? This question truly helped me decide which house to pledge! Sending all my love and positive vibes your way!!
7. Your hair always looks so perfect even in the humidity! How do you keep it looking super healthy?
8. I want to try something new at starbucks, what is your Summer drink of choice?
I’m a sucker when it comes to my coffee and normally stick to my three favorites.
- Iced skinny vanilla latte
- Passion tea lemonade
- Chai tea latte
9. Sneakers are so huge right now and I’m looking for a new pair (other than gucci and golden goose) I want them to go with dresses, jeans, and skirts. Do you have any recommendations?
10. While the Bachelorette was on, I saw that you were always making yummy treats for your friends. I have a girls night coming up, and I have to bring the salad. I’m more of a sweet girl so I wanted to know if you could share your salad recipe that you always make?
Ahh girls nights are always the best nights! My favorite dish to make when I’m hosting friends is a wild rice and kale salad, I got the inspiration from my favorite local restaurant cubby’s. *I love more veggies than leafy greens in my salad so feel free to make your own version of this*
- Kale- One bag
- Wild rice- two cups
- Grilled Chicken- 2 pieces
- Avocado- One
- Apple- One
- Cranberries- ½ cup
- Sliced Almonds – ½ cup
- Goat cheese – one handful
- Olive Oil- ½ cup
- Balsamic – ¼ cup
- Lemon- ½ of one
- Honey- 1 Tbsp
- Dijon Mustard- 1 Tsp
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
I’m so excited to start this tradition with you all & can’t wait to answer all of your questions!
As a reminder to submit a question: leave it below in the comments, email me (Lauren@thedailylo.com) with #coffeechat in the subject, or send me a DM on instagram.