Cue 22 by Taylor Swift because Today is officially my 22nd birthday, and I couldn’t be more excited to kick off my T-Swift year! I woke up this morning feeling the same (lol), but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bummed out. The past couple of months, I had been planning a fun themed party, including colorful wigs – a little extra, I know, but nothing beats dressing up with your best friends. With everything happening in the world right now, I’m putting those plans on hold and putting those plans into action next year! Just because I can’t be sipping on my favorite margarita from Central Mesa, you best believe I’m making some at home ones. I’m perfecting my recipe, but I think I almost have it nailed down so be on the lookout for that post coming later this week 😉
Last year I wrote 21 things for the big 2-1 blog post, and I finally was able to have a legal cocktail, a massive milestone in any college student’s life (haha). Since there are a ton of new faces around here, this year I’m sharing 22 things you might not know about me! I’m excited to let you in on some of the things that make me, ME.
Here we go…
1. I write an average of 3 to-do list every morning. I love being able to see what I need to get done on one sheet, and nothing beats the feeling of crossing something off. It makes me feel so productive and organized!
2. I’m an Alpha Phi at The University of Alabama. Going Greek was one of the best decisions I have ever made and can genuinely say it brought me all of my best friends who are going to stand next to me on my big day. If you want to go through rush, make sure to check out this blog post that covers all of the details on formal recruitment.
3. I absolutely HATE onions. I have tried to incorporate them into my dishes, but I always end up picking them out no matter how small they are. Even when I get Chipotle, I will put the guac in a separate bowl to make sure I get all those purple chunks out.
4. As much as I love Target, I would much rather go to Home Goods to pick out candles.
5. A few adjectives friends and family would use to describe me are: bubbly, compassionate, confident, resilient.
6. I can’t live without my heating pad. No joke I bring it to class, on long road trips and of course, I sleep with it.
7. My enneagram is a 2w3. I highly recommend taking the quiz to figure yours out here because it has allowed me to understand my strengths and weaknesses better!
8. I get shiver bumps whenever someone cracks their fingers. The noise grosses me out so much (lol super random I know)
9. I’m obsessed with Aussies- Mini Australian Shepherds. I have a blue merle named Bolt, and he is the BEST dog. He can get wild, but at the end of the day, he is so snuggly. Was this an excuse to post a picture of him? Yes 100%
10. If I could pack everything up and move to anywhere in the United States it would be Charleston, South Carolina. If I could pick anywhere in the world, it would be London.
11. If I could have brunch with three people, it would be with Sara Blakely, Shonda Rhimes, and Anna Wintour.
12. In my junior year of High School, I went to a prom at East High School. As in the iconic East High from High School Musical!
13. I’m from Draper, Utah, hence why I was able to go to that prom in #11.
14. I can make the most amazing homemade salsa. Thanks, mom, for showing me the ropes!
15. My first concert was The Cheetah Girls when I was eight, and then a couple of months later, I saw Hannah Montana during the Best of Both Worlds tour.
16. If money didn’t matter, I would be a full-time philanthropist. I would love to create a non-profit that would empower young women struggling with mental illnesses or support women in developing countries to gain access to education.
17. My love language is words of affirmation, which is why I keep ALL of my birthday cards, love letters, and thank you notes.
18. I can’t stand thunderstorms. They rattle me to my bones, and its all thanks to living in Alabama.
19. I’m a total night owl. I love staying up late, and that’s when I get my best ideas, but I can never pull all-nighters. This girl still needs to get some beauty sleep.
20. Growing up, I used to hate my smile, and now it’s my favorite thing about me.
21. My biggest pet peeve is when people say “no offense” before insulting you.
22. I love all of my The Daily LO readers! I wish I could take you all out to lunch and give you the biggest hug! Thank you for reading all of my posts!!
Happy birthday to all of those out there celebrating during quarantine like me! & Thank you for all the b-day love ❤️ I appreciate each and every sweet message you have sent my way!!