Hello from Atlanta Y’all!
Senior year is officially starting today (cue the tears), how is this even a thing? It feels like three months ago I was a senior in high school struggling to decide what color polo to wear #CatholicSchoolProblems Now I’m in a completely different city working in an office trying to figure out how to be an adult. Being away from all of my friends during this semester has really motivated me to make the most of my spring semester in Tuscaloosa.
From everyone I have talked to they all say that senior year is the one that flies by the fastest… I really hope that they are lying because I’m not ready to be a full grown up just yet. Job searching, applying to graduate school & trying to ace those last few classes in hopes of raising that GPA even just two points up is enough to stress any twenty- something year old out. With all of that aside, I want to encourage YOU and myself to focus on the little things! I created a special bucket list to help us all get the most out of our Senior year!
Senior Year Bucket List:
- Get all your friends to go out on T-shirt tuesday
- Go to the career fair and actually pass out resumes
- Bar crawl around town
- Attend a game for each sport
- Give out thank you notes to you favorite Professors
- Visit Old Bryce Hospital
- Go to BHM for the day and explore
- Wine & game night
- Go to a concert at the Amphitheater
- Head to New Orleans for Mardi Gras
- Try a new workout class
- Spa day
- Take a dog out from the shelter and walk it around campus
- Visit my old dorm
- Pool day
- Plan the BEST Spring Break ever
- Watch Alabama football win the National Championship
- Take full advantage of the student discounts
- Learn how to budget and stick to that plan
- Accept how to be nervous about the future but not panic over it
- Eat at all the local hotspots one last time
- Road trip to the beach
- Make a college scrapbook (sounds corny but nothing beats flipping through an album and having all the memories fly back into your mind)
- Take as many pictures as possible
- Cherish all of the moments with my friends no matter how big or small they are
I’m not quite such what this year is going to throw my way but you best believe I’m going to take full advantage of every opportunity that comes my way. Let me know in the comments what is on your senior year bucket list!
& to the Freshman walking into their first college class today, welcome to the best four years of your life. You have absolutely no idea what is coming your way.